<VV> Downshift Timing Valve

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Nov 18 15:12:05 EST 2007

Smitty Says:  Now I feel I are even dummer (Ya like that word?).  I kept reading and found that Bob B. wrote a couple of pages on the timing valve. How and why it works.  Great, but even after all that thrashing around and improving my education, he still doesn't say which way it is installed.  One picture gives the clue.  It is installed with the flat end in the hole and the pointy end toward the thin mounting plate.  Not that I doubted you Jim but I wanted to see it in a publication.  Reps are at stake here and if I caused somebody to have to pull a tranny a second time I would feel awful bad.