<VV> Hagerty's online mag - more Vair

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Nov 21 09:12:20 EST 2007

Yep, dat be "Mr. Redd" my wife's Corvair.  We're doing a total
rotisserie restoration of a 65K mile car.  The goal is a GT car along
the lines of an Alfa Romeo GT Junior from the 60s.

I originally bought the car for her back in '66 as our first second car.
She was a stay-at-home mom (most moms were in those days) and this was
her freedom machine.  She sold the car to my brother in late 1968 (I
ordered her a new '69 Corvair which she ended up hating, but that's
another story).  The Corvair was his first car, but his lust for speed
soon led to a '69 Z-28 and the Corvair went into storage where it stayed
until about 18 months ago when he reluctantly sold the car back to her.

Btw, the car is now home and the bodywork and paint is knock-down-dead
gorgeous.  It's much better than a Corvair has a right to be.

Dave Keillor