<VV> Yenko Serial Tag - Update from YS-114's Owner

Rob Landers CorsaRob at charter.net
Thu Nov 22 12:39:01 EST 2007

Thanks to all who felt it necessary to =93defend the faith=94 and showed =
genuine
concern for our hobby and the Yenko Stinger legacy.  I have been =
overwhelmed
by the number of personal emails  and phone calls that I have received =
from
all over the country the past 5 days.

=20

First off, as most of you who are active any CORSA events already =
know=85
YS-114 is alive and well and has made many CORSA events over the past 20
years.  For those of you who do not know much about it, I am the 4th =
owner
and acquired it in 1998 when it had just over 14,000 miles.  It now has
about 20,500 miles.  Thanks to the efforts of its third owner (Dave
Diedrichs), it came with all of the sales documents and Protect-o-plate,
too.  Since then, thanks to Ed Cuneen & Bob Dunahugh, I have been able =
obtain the original Yenko Chevrolet dealer file that contained the
correspondence and work performed on YS-114 prior to its delivery to an
authorized Yenko dealer, Earl Davis Chevrolet in Mansfield, OH.

=20

And yes, to answer the burning question=85 the Yenko YS-114 VIN tag is =
still
on the car and does not appear to have ever been tampered with as the =
screw
heads and the plate are in pristine condition without any scratches.  =
When I
first saw the pic of ebay, I was quite confident it was a really good
reproduction but when I read the background info and where the plate was
located (Mansfield), it did have me worried enough to check out my car =
make sure the tag was indeed still there.

=20

Apparently, the seller (Spencer Stearns) was also inundated with =
questions
about the tag so he called Jeff Moore about it.  They agreed the tag =
(real
or fake) should be given to the owner of YS-114.  Hence, the seller =
withdrew
the item on Ebay which constituted an early end to the auction.

=20

I have spoken to Spence and he is a great guy=85 even going to send me a =
pic
of the original dealership where my car was sold.

=20

So=85 the story has a happy ending on this 2007 Thanksgiving Day.

=20

Thanks to all.

=20

Rob Landers