<VV> TRANNY NOISE - ADD NOTE

Richard Widman richard at widman.biz
Sun Nov 25 07:29:01 EST 2007

Of course without listening to it and testing a few things, it is hard to
tell.  My first thought it a bearing, although that should be somewhat
noticeable in other gears as well.   You could also have one of the shift
forks loose and resting on a gear.  When they are loose it is easy not to go
in all the way, but I don't think it would cause that kind of noise, just be
apt to slide out.  Mine were extremely loose, and I had a cracked pin
holding the shaft in.  I've never seen the inside of a 66, but you can see a
lot of the 60 3 speed on my site.
http://www.widman.biz/Corvair/corvair.html

Richard Widman

www.widman.biz