<VV> Re: Pin Stripes on 65 Corsas - VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 34, Issue 67

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 10:16:53 EST 2007

My early 65 Corsa had pin stripes.

If you look at the early brochures for 65, you will see the Corsas did come with pin stripes. Both versions of the brochure are identical except for the pin stripe in the photos and the pin stripe text in the Corsa section.

On the cover of the early brochure you see the familiar yellow Corsa but it has a black pin stripe. Open to the Corsa section you see the white Corsa convertible, red interior and a red pin stripe. The next page shows the Evening Orchid coupe with a white pin stripe. My Maroon Corsa had a red pin stripe.

The text in the first paragraph goes on to describe the Corsa package, which reads in part, "a silver-painted rear cove area; and a color-keyed body outline stripe."

So somewhere along the line Chevy dropped the pin stripe on the 65 Corsas. The later brochure looks the same as the early brochure but the pin stripes are gone along with the text reference in the Corsa section.

I had both brochures, sold the later version on eBay, but kept the early pin stripe brochure, because I knew this type of question would come up someday.

Roy - Bayshore