<VV> New Clutch Isnt Working - UPDATE

Steve Brennan Alohaz at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 13:57:20 EST 2007

Lon,
I was able to see the TO bearing at work by removing the starter, and then putting a mechanics mirror in the hole.  Angling it correctly allows you to see the TO bearing on the nose shaft, and you can watch it depress into the pressure plate when a helper steps on the clutch pedal.

I was not able to see the pressure plate actually release from the clutch disc (the way a couple of posts indicated) but that may be due to the fact that I could not insert the mirror in very far, since it was not on a telescoping handle.  Given that the starter hole is on the differential side of the pressure plate, I assume that to actually see the clutch disc being released, the mirror would have extend back into the deepest part of the "starter nose hollow" (past the teeth ring), so it is reflecting a side view of the pressure plate.

Steve