<VV> oily radios - No Direct Corvair - but applicable

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 10:50:57 EDT 2007

Every time I read the title of this thread - oily radios - I remember a
friend of mine who had a 70's Corvette with a Radio that leaked oil. The  stock
mechanical Oil pressure was mounted in the dash just ABOVE the  radio. A tiny
split in the line caused a small but determined amount  of oil to find its way
down into and out of the radio faceplate. He finally  traced it down and fixed
it. Keep this in mind if you use mechanical gauges. -  Seth Emerson