<VV> 2010 convention bids

Chris Mann cfmann at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 13:54:03 EDT 2007

Answer to easy question: I'm in Port Washington.
Answer to hard question: No idea (what it takes to host a convention, lots of hard work I would gather)
Agreed that the Olympia would be an excellent location for Concours and host.
Great time of year, great, new attractions (Kettle Morraine park system (EconoRun)  Harley Museum, new addition to Art Museum, Riverwalk system, car museum in Hartford) not to mention the changing face of Madison area.
The Marquette Interchange would be completed by then, smooth sailing interstate.
I played this off of Larry Claypool a of months ago in passing, and he said it would have to be a joint effort between Madison, Milwaukee, and the Fox Valley clubs, because of the amount of volunteer time.
I, well, I'm not currently apart of any local clubs, yet, at least. Silly for me to say anything and then not be apart of the clubs. But if others a for it, I game to join in and help out where I can.
Now can I convince my wife and kids that my car could be restored by then?