<VV> Eelco Aluminum Exhaust Manifold

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Sun Oct 7 23:53:13 EDT 2007

Some of you may have noticed that NOS Eelco manifolds sold for $485 on ebay this weekend. I thought I would remind anyone who is interested that I received a call from Marty at the company who owns the EELCO molds back in August.  He can make these headers in aluminum or cast iron.  The molds needs some refurbishing but he can put them back in operation if there is sufficient demand.  He now uses a 719 self hardening aluminum alloy which withstands up to 950 degrees without heat treatment.  He agrees that all aluminum melts at 1200 degrees and that his product would not be good in any turbo application.  He can make them in cast iron as well if these were needed for a turbo application.They would like a commitment of 50 sets which is a $10,000 investment.  There is a three month time between placement of the order and shipping for the material to cure and be machined.  Eleven individuals bid on them so there are ten people who might want a set. If there is sufficient interest, please let me know and I'll contact the manufacturer.
Crawford Rose