<VV> Short Fall Carlisle report

Bill & Dana vze4z5cb at verizon.net
Tue Oct 9 23:07:31 EDT 2007

To follow-up a bit on Bill Elliot's report:
I spent a very hot Saturday at the swap meet and actually was hoping for some cooler weather and a sprinkle or two.... For whatever reason this year, we only covered approx. 1/2 of the meet. Maybe it was the hot weather and lack of sleep that made us walk so slow. Had to leave to get back to Pittsburgh for a wedding Sunday. Otherwise would have stayed Sunday too !
 I saw the maroon convertible Bill spoke of and it did have rust in the door jambs and some other places. I saw the two guys buying it and they were saying they wanted to paint it red, put a red interior in and put a red top on it. I think they paid around  $6500.00, but I'm not certain.
In the very first row, inside of gate #1 I believe it was, was a 65 or 66 Corsa Crown conversion with a 305....Nice shape and solid, but needed a bit of TLC. (especially the engine cosmetics) It was a nice bronze color with some 70's or 80's style rally wheels. The owner apparenty wasn't a Corvair guy and said he just picked it up somewhere to re-sell. I think the asking price was somewhere around $7000.00
I saw the old faithful LM blue sedan with a SOLD sign on the windshield.(auto with a 140)
As far as Corvair parts,  I found a NOS A/C turbo fuel filter (black) which I bought for only $15.00 I saw a smattering of tail light lens', several EM hubcaps, 4 different Corvair hat pins at one vendor, an EM turbo engine lid emblem, a few EM emblems, a Corsa Dash (dented) for $125.00, NOS sedan, door edge guards for $15.00, a turbo carb that needed rebuilt for $125.00 and a stainless turbo shield, nice condition, for $35.00 I didn't see Bill Cotrofield there this year. Me and my wife always enjoyed stopping and chatting with him.
I wear the same "Corvair Motorsports" t-shirt everytime and it always sparks a lot of comments and conversation.
Oh yeah. One kid came up to me (due to my shirt) and said he wanted to get into Corvairs and how to go about it etc....I told him all about Corsa and on and on and gave him my email address to talk further. Wear those Corvair shirts !!
Always fun seeing all the car junk and eating the greasy food......
Can't wait til the Charlotte meet in a couple weeks !
Bill Young