<VV> My Grandfathers's Corvair

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Oct 10 13:44:19 EDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 12:00 PM, Dan Boyle wrote:

> My Grandfather, who has passed away a couple of years ago had a late
> 60's model Corvair Monza.  It was a lighter green with white top and
> interior.  He had rebuilt the motor himself and then it stayed in the
> garage for years.  He ended up donating the car to a charity.  A year
> or so later, that same car ended up back in his possesion.  Instead of
> keeping it, he donated it again.  I am looking for this car.  I want
> it back in the family.  He lived in Maryland, near Wheaton.  If anyone
> has any information about this car, please contact me at this email
> address.

It might be helpful to know what body style it was: 2-door coupe?
convertible? 4-door? Also, an automatic transmission with the selector
lever mounted on the dash, or a floor-mounted manual transmission? Do
you know, did it have two carburetors or four or even a turbocharger?

Do you have any photographs you could send privately to anyone who
thinks they may have it? (You can not post photos on VirtualVairs).

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
President, CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC