<VV> Re: fuel pump diaphragm material

sgang54 at aol.com sgang54 at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 14:30:41 EDT 2007

 There are 2 companies that I know of left in? the U.S. that make fabric reinforced fluoroelastomer diaphragm material; Reeves Bros. in NC and Chemprene in NY. The original AC Delco pumps I believe used 2 materials, flat diecut parts for the upper and lower seal and a molded diaphragm part in the center. All were about .050" to .060" thick. Either of those companies might have the flat sheet material but you won't find material to make the molded diaphragm. I worked for the company in CT that made most of the original Buna diaphragm material used in the 60's and 70's.

Steve Gangi
Branford,CT

Message: 6