<VV> Front suspension rebuild advice

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Fri Oct 12 10:34:41 EDT 2007

On my bench I have a large vise which I clamp the cross member in to do the
work.

And I built a fixture that I bolt the cross member to that allows me to work
on the assembly in the "appropriate" environment for the work being done (I
don't like filling the shop full of stinky rubber smoke OR sand from
sandblasting!), with complete free access to the parts.  I'd far rather
"hold" the cross member in a fixture I don't care if I hit with a hammer or
pry on with a wrecking bar, than use my nicely painted, easily
dented/scratched car as the fixture!

John