<VV> Knocking Differential?

Vairpartscar at aol.com Vairpartscar at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 20:54:51 EDT 2007

I have a 64 110 4 speed convertible that makes a knocking noise on left  hand
turns.
The frequency is related to road speed, the volume increases with cornering
force, and
the noise sounds to be coming from the right rear of the car.  I have
replaced the right
wheel bearing and axle, but the noise is still there.  All of the  brake
hardware looks to
be secure and functional.  I am starting to think I may have a  differential
problem.  Does
anyone think it is worth adjusting the differential side bearings, or  should
I skip straight
to rebuilding the differential?  Thanks for any ideas.

                          Den