<VV> 1965 Greenbrier available

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 19:27:14 EDT 2007

This past Saturday, two of my Corvair friends and I visited the widow of a
local Corvair club member who died a couple of months ago. She has a 1965
Greenbrier that she will be selling. It is not a runner. We did as much of an
inspection on it today as possible. This is a California Car and does not have
the "rust" seen on most other cars. The car is located in Hayward, CA. Another
plus, it had an engine problem in 1972 or so, and has been parked inside
since  then. The body looks pretty good, no damage. It has front and rear side
marker  lights - or, at least reflectors, added. The right rear fixed window took
a BB  shot and will need replacement. The rest look okay. The engine and
transmission  are out of the car and are likely among the several engines and
transmissions  stored nearby under cover. The only other car in the storage area
is a 65 and  one of the engines was equipped with early/van engine sheetmetal,
so it is  unlikely to be from that. I couldn't sort through much more in the
time we had.  The van is red/white and very dirty! It has the deluxe interior,
with all three  seats, but has had several unwanted inhabitants over the
years, and is  dirty. There may be a replacement window for the damaged one inside.
The  odometer shows 84,XXX miles and it is a 4-speed car. If someone wanted
to put  together a drive train - most of which should come with the car - this
would be a good starter. There isn't a better "framework" than the 65 to
build  an FC from. The tires are very flat - and will likely never hold air again.
A  tube was placed over the two axle shafts, so the vehicle should be movable
once  the tires are replaced. I would be happy to answer any questions you
might have  on it. Please send them to me and I will respond as I can. The lady
knows very  little about the cars. But I will help her to sell it, and maybe
some of the  other parts and things later.

- Seth Emerson