<VV> Ethanol in Corvairs - Cold shot!

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 10:30:08 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/17/2007 5:35:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mark at noakes.com writes:

Fran is  planning on presenting a tech session at the 2010 convention
in  Iowa.  I know that he has larger jets, and different gaskets in the
carbs.  His tank is lined, by a local shop, I think, and I know he  has
an oxygen sensor, and monitors that...

The Dept  of Energy E-85 vehicles that we have get significantly less
mpg than their  gas counterparts and they also are harder to start in
cold weather. We  have to change the % gas in winter to get them to
start at all below about  20F.

Mark Noakes

Since Fran is in Minnesota, we can all look forward to how he addresses  that
cold-start issue! <grin> -Seth