<VV> Starter/clutch problem

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Oct 22 22:55:51 EDT 2007

You found it before I could respond!

I have had several pressure plates bent during shipping. Even ones I
bought at local FLAPS. If you drop the box on the side there is a good
chance the ring gear will get bent.

Always look at the ring gear and see if it is a good circle. Since the
ring is unsupported except near the welds, there is pleanty of area to
bend if dropped. And being heavy, they can get dropped easily while
carrying other packages.

Frank DuVal