<VV> Towing/tiedown/LM

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Tue Oct 23 09:58:49 EDT 2007

1) If you can get under it, lower control rods next to brake backing plates.
Those tires are going to be where the weight is and pulling there will be
close to ideal. If you are using the winch, try and use one cable/strap from
winch hook to each side for as long as you can bringing it up the trlr.
2) I tie down with cross straps, front and rear. Obviously in the rear,
tying a cross trap to the lower control rod will slide inward, so you'll
have to look for another place. You might be able to get around the lower
shock bracket, but it could be rusted and weak, so you'll have to look. I
think I used to tie down around the front lower control arm. You don't want
your straps to be any shorter or longer than a nice "X". Too short and he
car can move longitudinally, and too long, side to side. But since you have
such a short distance, damn near anywhere will do. Finally, don't forget
everything moves forward on a trlr or in a trlr (or truck bed), so fasten
the back ones well.

Good Luck

Chuck S