<VV> Meters

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Tue Oct 23 18:28:39 EDT 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manometer

In Corvair terms, it can be a null gauge attached to vacuum ports on
both carbs... so that when the vacuum is equal (carbs are properly
balanced) it reads zero.... or it can be a liquid filled tube attached
to the ports that works in much the same way... when the liquid columns
are equal on both sides, the carbs are synched.

The advantage of a manometer over a Unisyn or the like is that you can
more easily use it at higher engine speeds/loads and it doesn't alter
airflow into the carb. (I still use a Unisyn though...)

Bill