<VV> Re: [fastvair] Heads

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 23:12:10 EDT 2007

More thoughts:

What we REALLY need is not a blueprint, but ultimately an Autocad drawing.
Then we can do all the things we wish to do while having a perfect idea where
all the stock dimensions need to be.

Then we need to find a casting shop. The guys selling aftermarket VW heads
are NOT making them themselves!! So, we need to find shops that can do
investment castings.

Then we need to find a shop (maybe the same shop) with flexible CNC tooling
(preferred for such small runs) that can finish machine these.

THEN we  need an engine or two built using these, complete with
thermocouples, etc., and  have them both dyno tested and run in a car, and VERY DEFINITELY
with an engine  and a car with stock heads as a control to make sure they do,
IN FACT, run  cooler, make more power, are more resistant to detonation, don't
crack/warp,  don't have driveability problems, etc.

All, of course, can be done, but all, of course, MUST be done....