<VV> Palm Springs

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 10:12:41 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/23/2007 11:01:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Kocheri at aol.com writes:

Find it  hard to belive event   WOULD   go    ON   with road closures,
terrible
fires, etc.

Who to  contact re status???

Thanks,  Gary

Well - The fires are all on pretty much the other side of the pass. Nothing
on the Palm Springs side (Not much to burn, there). Getting through may be a
tough trip. I cut across on CA58 from I5 and drop through Palmdale and cut
across the eastern side of San Bernardino - Fires have flared up there in the
past, too. Last year, a fire near Riverside blackened the air on the way there,
 but Palm Springs was clear. The cut over through Palmdale keeps me away from
the  I5 truck tunnel as well. - Seth