<VV> LM Accelerator linkage (reapeat)

cfm cfmann at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 23:53:24 EDT 2007

OK guys, I received my parts from Clark's for rebuilding the accelerator pedal linkage on my 69 Monza 140/4spd. It was an fun, took me a couple of nights but I got it. One problem though. There is a pivot arm and point that is mounted through the floor plan under the rear seat. I could not tell from the rust if the nut was welded to the pan or not. I think it was. I thought I could work around this by getting a 5/16" x 1 1/4" fender washer and tightening it down but to no avail. My revised assmembly still slops around the circular concave area that is stamped into the pan  Can any of you shoot out some pointers or alternate ideas as to another work around or am I virtually stuck with a welding option only? I hate to think I'd have to replace the pan for this only reason, I don't recall seeing a patch panel in any catalogs for this little area either. I had thought that maybe the fender washer could be tacked into the good metal around the whole. Its such a little bit that
 is gone and the remainder is still in good shape, so good in fact that I am confident that none of the pans need replacement. I was fortunate to get a solid car.