<VV> Anyone using Megasquirt on a Crovair ? was MAP sensor

Marty Scarr martyscarr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 14:35:17 EDT 2007

Hi Don

Here's a little writeup on my conversion:

http://thescarrs.com/corvair/efi.html

Was it worth it?  Definitely was worth it for me.  I was after better
performance and the ability to fine tune my engine beyond 60's
technology - and got it.  I'll be doing a turbo conversion in the
future, and with programmable fuel and spark expect it to be lots of
fun.

Regarding time and money - the spirit of Megasquirt is DIY, and I did
it all myself.  It's a very fun project, with lots of support, and I
learned a lot along the way.  I kept costs low by using used parts
where I could, and have less than $500 in the project.  If you're
satisfied with the way GM built your Corvair then it's not for you.
If you can't do the work yourself, it's probably not for you.

Differences - better starting, better overall operation.  Idle, cruise
and acceleration were all improved.  There are no smog checks in my
part of Oregon, so I can't report on emissions.

regards
Marty Scarr