<VV> '63 Ermine White

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Tue Oct 30 07:31:35 EST 2007

My "1963 Colors" booklet, the small tri-fold booklet that shows all the
colors for "Chevrolet, Corvair, Chevy II, and Corvette" does indeed
show Ermine White. They list "15 solid colors and 11 rich 2-tone
combinations" (the 2-tones are not available on Corvair Monzas). Ermine
White is shown as RPO 936. Further, it says, "Every solid color shown
is available on any 1963 Chevrolet, Impala, Bel Air, Biscayne, Corvair
or Chevy II model." The Corvettes were available in seven solid colors
plus three Corvette colors. Greenbrier colors were not shown in this
booklet. There is no date or number on this booklet.

Sure enough, the colors shown in my "Corvair Decade" were the same
except for Ermine White. My "Decade" is copyrighted 1980. Corvair color
chips were noted as being courtesy of Clark's Corvair Parts, Inc.

I'm surprised that Ermine White was left out of the '63 chart in the
"Decade". I realize it's difficult to not have a mistake in a book, but
am surprised at this.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
President, CORSA South Carolina