<VV> Truck Trauma

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat Sep 1 19:21:06 EDT 2007

Man! Whatta day!

We just returned from the local Mexican Resturant where I downed several LARGE Marguritas and I feel much better. I needed something to mellow out Man!

I did not make it to the Time trial at Summit Point but it was not for the lack of trying.

We were loaded up and ready to roll which we did at 6:00 this morning. We made it about 90 miles when the infamous Big Red Dodge started acting up. First it would jump out of 4th into overdrive by it's self. Did this several times. We pulled off at a gas station to check things out. I pulled it down into second and it would hardly move. After gassing up we turned around and headed for home. The truck started to buck as the engine would cut off then back on repeatedly if I used anymore than about1/8 throttle. We managed to limp back this way with the intermittent engine cut out. It would stay in over drive and I was doing less than 40 MPH uphill and being passed by semi's! We got off the interstate at the dodoge dealer where I get my truck serviced. I dropped the trailer and turned the truck in for a look see. Meanwhile we started looking around at new and used trucks at several dealers within walking distance.
Well,
The  ol'  96 Big Red Dodge is still the Big Red Dodge but it is now a 2007 HEMI! It was too good of a deal and I was tired of being stranded by my tow vehicle.
What a difference a new truck makes! That sucker has some power and it's quiet! No more missed track events because of Truck Trouble!

I shall return!!

Rick Norris
New Hemi Truck Owner
Damn! I hate car payments!