<VV> Click/clack wtf oil level.

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 1 12:05:14 EDT 2007

Well, from the perspective of an outsider viewing the car, the
reputation is much worse with the oil dripping off the engine than
invisable fumes comming out of the dip stick! Cutting the tube keeps the
rear cove area clean also for better viewing by the public.

And of course is it better for our reputation to junk cars or keep them
on the road? Remember in the late 70s and 80s an engine rebuild for a
Corvair used as a car (not a museum piece by a collector) usually meant
the owner would buy another used car cheaper and junk the Corvair. I
kept a lot of Corvairs in daily service here in Virginia instead of
crusher fodder.

Frank DuVal