<VV> On the road again --

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 01:13:49 EDT 2007

1960 Corvair #00769O139860 has returned from Group Red neverland -- last
licensed in 1978 or maybe 1991, on it's maiden voyage, beyond a couple
recent trips to DMV for VIN inspection, it did the 130 miles to a family
reunion picnic and back with no problems or complaints beyond a slightly
leaky fuel pump, no, this is not part of 'that' thread  -- I'll just fix
it!  Not too bad for the old 140 ci engine (that looked like it was a
junkyard refugee when I first saw it) that came with the low mile
original condition body -- just all the bolts were missing along with
all the rest of the small parts that held everything together.  Good
thing I've never thrown away a Corvair part in my life, just too bad
that I had to try and find them.  Reassembly of basket cases seems to be
my life, just as with the first car I owned, another 1960 769 -- ah,
nostalgia! (but that one came with a verified good 1964 164 ci
powerplant with zero miles -- three $25 payments)

And a big thanks to my friend, Roger, who provided trailer
transportation on his way back from the LA Roadster Show!  And my wife
for tolerating all this weird Corvair behavior, as well as another car
-- but this one runs!    :-)

Thanks for letting me share,   : )

Bill S