<VV> lead additive

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Sep 3 12:11:38 EDT 2007

> I've always been under the impression that I needed the lead additive for my 64 Spyder.  Now someone says not so.  Do I or don't I?  It is not expensive but every little bit helps.

No, you don't.  And you never did.  As previously stated, it's the hardened valve seats that make that so.  The water coolers of the day had the seats machined into the cast iron head - softer than ours (but they don't fall out).

Lead is also used to increase octane so you do still need to make sure you're not pinging with the gas you use.

mikeH