<VV> re fuel pumps

tconnolly tconnolly at iepfire.com
Tue Sep 4 10:43:26 EDT 2007

My 69 vert #2349 had the mechanical fuel pump let go last year.  I smelled fuel and popped the hood, the top of the pump was spitting gass all over the engine.  I dove in the car and turned off the ignition, almost flew to  be exact.   The car was recently tuned up and fitted with pertronix and luckily no fare lit off.  I have had my 64 cp converted to an electric pump at RP Corvairs (717-285-7996) here in Lancaster PA.  I drove that car to the convention with no problems.  I keep a spare pump in my 69 since I haven't gotten around to that yet but its on the list of things to do.
Tom Connolly