<VV> Electric Fuel Pumps vs Diaphragm

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Tue Sep 4 12:25:29 EDT 2007

John -  Although few will tell you, the answer is - everyone has an
opinion. Mine is, I have driven over 1 1/2 million miles in nothing but
Corvairs for 40 years (since 1967) and have run the West's largest
Corvair parts mail order business for nearly 34 years. I use NOTHING but
mechanical (stock type) fuel pumps. The only place I see a possible
advantage to an electric pump is in a dunebuggy or an Ultravan
motorhome, for very specific reasons that have nothing to do with safety
or reliability.

Virtually every problem you can have with a mechanical pump you can also
have with an electric pump  - and then some. So why go to the extra
expense and trouble of the electric pump?  That is one opinion.   Lon

www.corvairunderground.com