<VV> lead additive -run on

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 12:50:41 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/4/2007 9:36:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

Someone  else also pointed out
that if the engine diesels at shut down, that could  also be a sign of need
for higher octane - but it could just as easily be  a sign of a carbon hot
spot in a cylinder.

Later,  JR

30 years ago I had a friend with a 1970 Camaro with the original LT-1 motor
(11 to 1 compression). It liked to run on pump gas. It liked it so well it
would continue to run-on for 15 seconds or so after the ignition was turned
off. We would stand outside of work in the morning and wait for the motor to
turn off before going in.  Ouch! - Seth