<VV> Re: LEAD ADDITIVE octane cut pistons

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 16:15:25 EDT 2007

so far i am very happy with the clarks octane cut pistons in my  rampy.  it
pulls better than before and i have not had pinging issues this  summer.  so
when i get my cash up again i think i will get more new ones  done.
i had additives and do dads before , but the pinging finally bit me a  couple
years back , even with timing backed too far off, high test etc  etc.  now it
seems to run  ok on regular unleaded. it is a 9889 cam  164 cu (030 over )in
, carter electronic ignition , powerglide in the rampy.  about 3 k miles this
year so far.  mostly hot weather here , no rain to  speak of yet.
so my take is , so far the octane cut seems well worth it.
regards, tim colson