<VV> Re: LEAD ADDITIVE octane cut pistons

Duane, Jim (US SSA) jim.duane at baesystems.com
Wed Sep 5 08:13:07 EDT 2007

Hi Frank and Matt (and VVairdom!)

	I bought one from Clarks a few years ago.  The PCB on the inside
has the name Carter on it.  I'm running one (actually my second) and for
all you old time electronics guys out there, it's an analog transistor
knock retard device with progressive adjustable retard and an integrated
coil.  Don't EVER run without a load (plugs/coil/wires on it!  Don't ask
me how I know!
	After it died, I took it apart to see if I could fix it.  Nah!
There is a company in Ohio that specializes in GMC motorhomes that will
repair them.

Jim Duane (master of all things unimportant)
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA
'66 180 CVT (no longer knocking)