<VV> Turbo Carb 8600 Feet Above sea level

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Wed Sep 5 15:57:37 EDT 2007

Op 5-sep-2007, om 19:04 heeft Gino Calllegari het volgende geschreven:

> Dear Sirs.
>
> Again from Colombia I just CAME out the street my new 66 Turbo,I´m
> located
> in Bogota at 8600 feet, I{m experimenting flooded in the carb, even
> the gas
> goes out at the intake of air, This carb has been rebuilt by Larry
> Claypool
> so it is almos perfect I´m not sure if is an usual problem with turbo
> engines, are there any suggestions for this carb at this altitude,
> and also
> if you have suggestions for Turbo Engines I will be glad to receive.
>
> Regards
>
> Gino
> 66 Corsa CVT 140/66 Monza Sedan 4 Sp/66 Cp Turbo

If the more logical solutions fail....

Maybe not a everyday solution, but since you have a turbo ;-)
Mine flooded fuel badly, also through the air cleaner.  Turned out I
misplaced the seal in the turbo base and the choke lines pressurized
the carb.

Regards,

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands