<VV> Cool oil pan stuff..

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 5 21:42:06 EDT 2007

Well, My Labor Day weekend was good- I didn't get the clutch and
flywheel in, but I did get the lifters and push rods in. And in the
process I found the COOLEST stuff in the 40 years of sludge at the
bottom of the oil pan. Some of them I have no idea what they are. Two
pieces look like broken rings. I wonder if these pieces are from an
earlier grenading because the cylinder look clean, at least from the
exhaust tubes. They are not oily or carboned up. They are actually
very clean and the engine seems to run well.
If the rings were broken, wouldn't that cylinder be oil fouled and
wouldn't it show in the exhaust tube for that cylinder?

If anyone is interested, I took a photo of the pieces, maybe someone
knows what they are looking at.

-Cash

Cash Case, Art guy -
www.cashcase.us