<VV> Stock Wagons

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Sep 6 16:38:34 EDT 2007

From: Geoffrey A Johnson
Subject: Re: Stock Wagons

Smitty and all. What holes are you referring to? I have a hard time
guessing from the description. I can check my wagon and the two my dad
has.
  Smitty Says:   You got to be woofin me Geoff.  You know where the fenders are in back ?  And you know where the louvers are that let the air in ?  Well, once that air gets in there it has to have a way to get into where we keep the engines.  On each side of the engine compartment there is a solid bulkhead going from the frame rail up to the cargo deck, except they have cutouts to allow the fender air to sneak into where the engine is at.  Those are the holes in question.  My stock 64 wagon (being one of the latest built) has one opening on each side for the air to pass through.  The Early 61s have one hole on each side the same as mine but then there is an additional cutout (hole) forward of that on each side.  I do know that the Late 64s have two holes and the Early 61s have four holes but in between them it seems anything goes as far as which configuration was used.
  Hubbell thinks I ought to research this but I am not a researcher.  I just read what the researchers find out.