<VV> Stock Wagons

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Fri Sep 7 12:35:34 EDT 2007

Hopefully, the SCG will get its database and website put together in the
near future; until then, I can act as the "repository" for all wagon related
information if nobody else wishes to do so.

The tough part is getting somebody to ask the questions and direct the
research. Smitty asked a good question, and that is a start.  Since I do not
own a wagon, I do not necessarily know what questions about them need to be
answered.  I do what I can to research these things, and I take plenty of
photos whenever I get a chance.

Along that line, here are photos of what Smitty is talking about:
http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/Wagon_with_1_hole.jpg
http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/Wagon_with_2_holes.jpg
http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/Smittys_wagon.jpg

What we need to do now is look at a lot of wagons, getting the VIN and Body
Tag info off them, and to ask questions about any changes we notice, such as
this one, and build a database.  So all wagon owners, please inspect your
vehicles and send to me the following information:

VIN
Fisher Tag Information (Build dates especially important)
Number of "Air Access Holes" on each side of the engine compartment.
Any other issues you think need researching about wagons

Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group