More to look at, was: [SCG] RE: <VV> Stock Wagons

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 13:40:19 EDT 2007

All,

One more thing I spotted on these wagons that might bear looking at is the
PCV setup. I noticed that one of those doesn't have an apparent PCV system,
though it IS a bit custom. Wonder if he used a road draft tube?

In fact, something we ought to be documenting (photographing) more are air
cleaner setups (especially with oil bath), PCV systems, and a/c systems.
There is a lot of miscelleanous engine compartment items that are poorly
documented in the available parts books and repair manuals. And it's
something that is subject to a high degree of modification, customization,
and just plain cobbling.

-Mark

<ronh at owt.com>; Smitty Smith <vairologist at verizon.net>; Wade Lanning
<wblanning at comcast.net>
<scg-list at tiger.skiblack.com>
> Date: 9/7/2007 1:23:33 PM
> Subject: [SCG] RE: <VV> Stock Wagons
>
> Hopefully, the SCG will get its database and website put together in the
> near future; until then, I can act as the "repository" for all wagon
related
> information if nobody else wishes to do so.
>
> The tough part is getting somebody to ask the questions and direct the
> research. Smitty asked a good question, and that is a start.  Since I do
not
> own a wagon, I do not necessarily know what questions about them need to
be
> answered.  I do what I can to research these things, and I take plenty of
> photos whenever I get a chance.
>
> Along that line, here are photos of what Smitty is talking about:
> http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/Wagon_with_1_hole.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/Wagon_with_2_holes.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/Smittys_wagon.jpg
>

> What we need to do now is look at a lot of wagons, getting the VIN and
Body