Update, was: <VV> computer geek help

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Sat Sep 8 16:08:23 EDT 2007

The techie looked it over and with what I told her of my computer,
she recommended a power supply with the double the horsepower (480watt

Gott im Himmel!  All you had was a 240 watt power supply?  No WONDER you
were having problems!  Most newer boxes have 550-600 watt power supplies
MINIMUM, with some of the wilder upper-end stuff in the 800-900 range!  All
them "bells and whistles" take power!

BTW, from a fellow person "out in the sticks"....a UPS solves MANY problems,
and is well-worth the modest investment (I got mine for $39).

John