seat belts, was: <VV> Corvair - CNN copy

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 9 10:14:55 EDT 2007

One more obvious thing (to me) in the article is that they fail to
acknowledge that seat belts not only were available as far back as '56
(heavily advertised by Ford) but were becoming standard equipment in the
early and mid '60's, all BEFORE Nader made his big splash. Front belts were
standard in all '65 GM cars, and were available for all places as early as
'62 (my dad ordered a full set for our '62 700 wagon, just so he could
strap us kids down - LOL). They instead take a negative view and ignore the
facts, which I find is the whole tone of the article. 'Nuff said on this
poorly written piece of yellow journalism.

-Mark

out, a barely acknowledged afterthought. (Try to find anyone wearing a
seatbelt in a 1960s car ad. For that matter, try to find a seatbelt.) "