<VV> worst cars

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Tue Sep 11 20:06:31 EDT 2007

The Citation wasn't bad.  I bought mine new in June '79 and sold it in '86.
It always ran and it held alot of stuff with the back seat folded down.
Never got stuck in the snow.  I got my money out of it.  Admittedly, the
vinyl seats tended to tear at the hinge point cut outs, and the paint finish
wasn't great, but everything worked and it ran and handled pretty nicely
with the optional handling package (I think it was a $22 option).

Now if you want a bad car, consider the Renault Fuego.  Perhaps my room-mate
back then got a lemon but the only good thing about that car at the time was
it's looks.  It leaked badly, was frequently getting towed because it didn't
run, and when it ran invariably something on it would break.  It really did
spend more time in the shop than on the road.  His Chevette was another bad
car.

- Steve Brown

'62 Rampside