<VV> Faulty Fuses

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Sep 12 18:22:39 EDT 2007

From: "Mike Jacobi"
Just got this in a car club bulletin. A selection of blade type fuses sold at Harbor Freight is dangerous to your car's health. It seems that some (many) will not blow even if you short them directly across the terminals of the battery.
  Smitty Says:  This is a known problem.  I had two big packs of them and decided to test them.  I used a current limiter to test them to see if they would blow at their indicated amperage.  Most of them blew as precribed.  A few required much more.  I kept the ones that blew within limits and threw the rest away.  One can't be too careful.