<VV> Loadside clutch AGAIN!!!!

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Sep 14 07:02:57 EDT 2007

Ron T said [in part]:
>I'm lost here and  wondered if
>anyone has any ideas. Could the wrong clutch be a possibility?

Your description of the efforts you have made lead me to believe
you are quite knowledgeable.  There is probably some little thing
wrong that you have gotten so used to seeing you are not noticing
it.  I suggest asking a fellow club member to have a look at it.  A
fresh pair of eyes can make a world of difference.

A couple of years ago my wife was having trouble with a Dodge
minivan ... It made an odd rattle upon acceleration and was getting
worse as time went on.  She took it to a mechanic friend of hers, a
man known for the quality of his work, and he checked it several
times.  He found the flywheel bolts were hitting the housing and
noticed they were the wrong bolts so he changed them but they
continued to hit!  I went over there and he put it up on the hoist so
I could have a look.  The first thing I noticed was the center of the
flex plate was cracked nearly completely out!  It is strange how our
eyes can play tricks on us.

Ken Pepke