Fwd: <VV> help again choke pull off

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 12:01:07 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/14/2007 10:45:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
steven at sashimi.org writes:

Maybe he  has a '61 motor with manual choke, and a later shroud?

Steve  Brown
'62 Rampside

I agree with Steve.  In my EM experience only the '61's were missing  the
vacuum choke pulloffs and return springs in the heads because the '61's had  a
manual choke.  If his car really has a '62 engine then the heads must (?)  be
from a '61.  Assuming the '64 car hasn't been extensively modified I'd
recommend swapping heads from a 62 or 63 engine to match the shroud and hook all  the
'64 stuff back up to stock.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Kensington MD