<VV> AON Classic Car Insurance and suggestions for other companies

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 15 19:41:19 EDT 2007

If anyone has AON insurance on their Corvairs, you may want to check on it.
I was wondering why I hadn't yet received any notification for renewal of my
policy, but I knew it was sometime this month, since my tags were also due
for renewal, which I just did yesterday on-line.  Today I found last years
policy in my Corvair file and it was started on 09/06/06 and ran till
09/07/07, which means I have no insurance on my car and the great state of
MD will want my tags, unless I get insurance soon.

Going to AON's webpage they have a notice they are not accepting any new
business.  What does that mean?  I was already a customer.  Why haven't I
been billed for this year?
Of course this being a weekend, you can't get any information.  They suggest
another company, but did this company take over their business, if so am I
still a customer?

To me they look like they have gone belly-up altogether, so beware if you
have them for your car.

Anyone know a good company, besides Haggerty, who raised their rates for
each of the 3 years I had them.  JC Taylor has been around for sometime, but
I think they limit your mileage and don't have any towing  for breakdowns,
unless they have changed.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member