<VV> Master Cylinder

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Sun Sep 16 21:37:56 EDT 2007

No disadvantage (other than the mess and potential paint damage) and in
some cars a mandatory step. In a Corvair it's a really good idea though
not 100% necessary.

Basically what you're doing is getting all of the air out of the master
before mounting it. You connect hose(s) from the master output and place
them in the reservoir. (Many new masters come with plastic fittings and
hoses just to do this...)

 Fill the reservoir with fluid then slowly compress the master while
holding it horizontal. Then release. Keep doing this until air bubbles
cease coming out of the end of the hose(s) on compression. Easiest to do
in a vise.

Be VERY careful not to get the fluid on any paint... any fluid worth
using (for anything more than a trailer queen) will aggressively attack
paint.

Bill