<VV> Concerns about using the latest rated oil in pushrod

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sun Sep 16 21:43:15 EDT 2007

I've seen this topic discussed quite a few times in the last year or
two and also have seen the same sites referenced, but what are people
actually using for oil in daily driver vintage cars that might see a
lot of miles?

I've never seen the Brad Penn stuff on the shelf anywhere even in
speed shops. Mail order only?

For the time being, I've swapped back to the Castrol 20W-50 I used for
years before swapping to synthetics as it seems to be higher in the
ratings than most of the others...that with a quart of Redline to
downblend it a little on viscosity...though I ran the 20W-50 straight
in my other vair motor for years with no problems (took it to
225Kmiles+).

So for people that are high mileage vair drivers that are not seeing
cam wear, what do you buy and where do you buy?

Mark Noakes