<VV> expensive parts...some Corvair

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sun Sep 16 22:05:22 EDT 2007

Since I usually delete misc threads on VV before reading, I missed
almost all of the Kelsey-Hayes line but got curious at the end. You
guys have nothing to complain about with the cost of Corvair parts...
our vendors take excellent care of us.  The K-H parts don't really
count anyway...sortof super rare high priced authorized third party
accessory to begin with...but separate story.

The going price these days for a pair of NOS front parking light
assemblies for a 58/59 GMC pickup/Suburban is $2000.00...(not ebay
frenzy)...just a few pieces of glass, plastic, metal, and wire.  The
58/59 Chevy truck lights by comparison are dirt cheap. Nobody is doing
GMC reproductions though there are some street rod grade (ie, don't
look right) replacements due to the cost.

Unfortunately, my 58 GMC NAPCO (very rare 4wd) pickup is one of my
vehicles that I'm doing a stock resto on instead of one of my "ruin
everything" hot rods...

Mark Noakes