<VV> Oil for our Corvairs

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 12:31:52 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/17/2007 7:33:17 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
marklaredo at msn.com writes:

it does  not have the dreaded "SM" rating
which carries a much lower,  if any, Zinc additive. This to date is the
only   brand  I  could  find in my area that is "SL" rated and not  "SM"
>From  what I have read, oils that still carry the  "SL" rating have the
Zinc  additive  that  is  better protection for our older engines. Just
thought I would  pass this on.  Mark

Mark, this is confused information. First SM is perfectly acceptable as  long
as the container doesn't have the STARBURST on the front. And second SM  with
the starburst STILL has a reduced amount of ZDDP. Just not enough according
to the latest thinking.
Regards,
Bob Helt