<VV> Researching your own Corvair history

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Sep 17 16:51:32 EDT 2007

We don't actually know what happened to the U.S. records. I personally think
they were either destroyed ("what you don't know, can't hurt you" being GM's
corp legal motto) or they are buried in one of the massive records archives
that GM maintains.

You can get vehicle records if you are a U.S. Pontiac owner because those
records were held onto by a forward-looking person or too. That's the reason
why the Canadian records exist today as well--one guy snatched them as they
were about to be tossed and made a business case that it would be useful to
offer copies of the records to owners, mostly as a goodwill gesture.

Chris, you can contact me offline if you want. I have researched a few
vehicles and had success sometimes. There are lots of situational factors
that can help or hinder being able to do research outside of GM's records.

--Kent